Vegan Pasta Sauce
Try this simple to prepare vegan pasta sauce which uses a plant based meat substitute. For a non vegan version ground meat can be used, but will need to be cooked first. The recipe follows.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I just wanted to share a simple pasta sauce recipe I make all the time. It uses no oils. Sometimes I just like it on bread or spaghetti squash or actual pasta.
I use a lot of plant-based meat but there's no reason why someone could not use actual meat (though you probably want to cook that ahead of time). Of course inevitably, adding meat contributes to the fat content.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: less than an hour
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 container mushrooms
- 1 or 2 onions
- 1 container plant based meat or 1 lb ground beef or other meat
- spices (salt, rosemary, pepper, garlic powder)
- Cut up onions and mushrooms.
- Heat up your pan to medium-high.
- Add a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce and salt and pepper. Then add onion. Cook until onion starts to become soft and transparent.
- Add remaining tomato sauce and more spices.
- Once hot, add faux meat and mushrooms. Keep cooking until mushrooms are cooked (does not take long).
- Additional step: if using real meat instead, before step 2, cook your beef. Or add beef to step 2 and proceed with remaining steps.