Borax for Cleaning Floors

I have hardwood and tile floors. I tried everything to make them shine. One day I was in a hurry. I grabbed a bucket, put in about 1/2 cup of borax, filled it with hot water, and mopped all the floors. When they were dry, it looked like I waxed and buffed them! So simple and so cheap! No more Mop and Glo!

Top Comment

If I was stranded on a desert island I would want a box of Borax (maybe a little food and water). My island would be very clean and odor free. Love Borax! I use Borateem or 20 Mule Team Borax whichever is cheaper. It is the only thing that will get rid of the scent of male cat urine. I put 1/3 cup in my frontloader and it gets rid of nearly every odor.

vinegar gets rid of animal and people smell and if your animal is peeing in one spot change the carpet in the room and it will no longer smell like cat urine

distilled vinegar does the same thing

I use 20 Mule Team Borax often, have not tried it on floors, mine are all hardwood and a few rooms tile. Is this the product you used? Thanks for the idea!

I love this tip! Never thought of using borax on floors but borax never hurt anything.

Was just getting ready to mop after reading my mail. Tip came at the right time. Thanks.

Is Borax ok to use on laminate flooring?