Broccoli Stuffed Pasta Shells
This is a delicious main dish that is easy and quick to prepare. It is my own recipe from years ago. My kids really loved these! I hope you do too.
Total Time: 30 minutes prep time and 45 minutes cook time
Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1 box of jumbo pasta shells, cooked al dente
- 32 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 - 8 oz bags of finely shredded mozzarella, or 1 large 16 oz bag divided
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- sprinkle black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of basil
- 2 boxes 10 oz., frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and water squeezed out
- 2 cans 15 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp basil, this is an additional one
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Cook shells, drain, cool off and lay them out on a cookie sheet so they don't stick together.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, 8 oz. mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and broccoli. Mix all very well.
- Open stewed tomatoes, put them in a mixer or blender, only process for a few seconds. It will be chunky. Pour into a mixing bowl, add to this, basil, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and sugar. Mix well and keep this cold. No need to cook or heat this up.
- Use a 9x13 deep, glass, oven proof dish. Put a two ladles of tomatoes in the bottom first. Then one by one fill each shell with the broccoli and cheese mixture, and place them very close together in the dish. Continue until all the cheese is used.
- Pour all the tomatoes over the shells.
- Top with 8 oz. of mozzeralla cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until everything is bubbly. Test it with a butter knife in the middle to feel the temperature. Enjoy!
You may sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on when serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.