Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipes

Category Pastas
Stuffed Pasta Shells
Stuffed pasta shells are an easy to make, delicious meal. You can vary the filling for a variety of tastes. This page contains stuffed pasta shell recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

I've been making this recipe for years. It uses cream cheese instead of the usual ricotta. It is delicious. It's my go-to recipe when I go to gatherings or to take to someone who is ill or just had a baby. ( I just leave the instructions on how to bake it and pack along some garlic bread and salad). The original recipe uses 3 pounds of meat and makes a lot of shells. I cut it down to be enough for our family. But, you can double or triple it for large get-togethers.

Total Time: 45 minutes to make the shells, 1 hour to bake.

Yield: About 17 or 18 shells

Source: Food Network recipe "Northern Italian Pasta Shell Stuffing"

Link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/northern-italian-pasta-shell-stuffing-recipe.html

• 1 pkg (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
  • 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 large onion, chopped
  • Parmesan (about 1/2 cup)
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 box (12 oz) jumbo shells
  • pasta sauce (I used a 24 oz can)

1. Cook your pasta shells in salted water until al dente. I usually cook them for a minute less than the directions. You don't want them to get soggy while baking. Drain pasta. Let shells sit on a pan to cool down a little bit before handling.
  2. Squeeze the water out of the thawed spinach.
  3. Ad

4. Cook beef and onions until browned and cooked. Drain the grease from the pan.
  5. Add to a big bowl, along with spinach and cream cheese. Let it sit for a few minutes. The heat from the meat helps to melt the cream cheese a bit and makes it easier to stir. Stir mixture.
  6. Ad

7. Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper (according to taste). Taste your mixture now. If it needs more salt, add it. *Do this before you add your egg.
  8. Once cooled down a bit, add your egg and stir until mixed.
  9. Ad

10. Spray a 9 x 9 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour enough pasta sauce in the bottom of your pan to coat the pan.
  11. Stuff shells with meat mixture. I add about 3 tablespoons or so.
  12. Put your shells in the pan. Once finished, top shells with remaining sauce. I like it all covered and smothered in sauce.
  13. Top with Parmesan cheese. Cover with aluminum foil. Place dish on a cookie sheet or some other larger pan to catch any drips.
  14. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
  15. Let cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Everyone loves this!

• 2 cups ricotta cheese or cottage cheese*
  • 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (not the powdered stuff), grated
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 tsp. parsley
  • 1 tsp. oregano
  • 2 boxes jumbo pasta shells
  • spaghetti sauce
*I used cottage cheese for price reasons, you would need 2 tubs of the cottage cheese.

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Prepare your pasta shells, bring water to a boil, then add pasta shells cook for about 15 minutes, til just before they are soft.

Prepare your cheese filling. Beat eggs in a bowl and add all of your cheeses and spices. Mix well.

Using a tablespoon, stuff your shells with the cheese mixture Using a casserole dish cover bottom lightly with some spaghetti sauce. Place your filled shells in the bottom of the casserole dish. (I use 2 casserole dishes). Cover your filled shells with spaghetti sauce. Bake for 45 minutes.

By Jodi from Aurora, CO

Stuffed pasta shells are a warm, hearty meal that is great for the winter.

Stuffed Pasta Shells

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

My daughter loves stuffed shells, so we decided to make our own. We also made our sauce.

stuffed shells

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

Cook pasta shells according to package directions. Drain shells; rinse with cold water and drain well. Set shells aside.

These are unusual in that they are not the normal fare for pot luck or brunch but they are full of protein and kind of fun to make. :)

This is just about our very favorite low calorie dish. I have modified it a bit from one I got from Healthy Choice cookbook. Mix low fat cottage cheese, no fat mozzarella, basil, garlic and optional beef.

Brown hamburger, onions, and spaghetti mix. Mix in cottage cheese and beans. Boil macaroni and rinse in cold water. Stuff shells and arrange in baking dish and pour spaghetti sauce over all.

A wonderful cheesy main dish that is easy to prepare and loved by the whole family. This page contains broccoli stuffed pasta shells recipe.

Broccoli Stuffed Pasta Shells

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Videos

Jumbo stuffed pasta shells are sure to become a family favorite. They a simple to make and have tons of variations.

Stuffed shells are delicious, loved my children and adults alike. Try this recipe out, it is sure to please. View the full recipe here: Stuffed Pasta Shells