Removing Band-Aids from Stuffed Animals

Category Toys
Kids can sometimes feel comforted by having a favorite stuffed animal get a Band-Aid in the same place as their injury. However, the Band-Aids can leave a sticky residue on the fur of the stuffed animal. This is a guide about removing Band-Aids from stuffed animals.

How do you get Band-Aids off a stuffed cloth animal? They are really stuck to the cloth and rip when I try to pull them off.

Joan from Philadelphia, PA

Best Answer

STOP AND READ FIRST!I have a VERY smart MOM! In a panic I called her and she said "USE HAND CREAM". I used Jergens.
I applied a two drops, (just enough to cover the surface and around the edges), and I smeared it around. Then I started to pick off the band-aid with my nail and it peeled off in one piece! LEAVING NO RESIDUE! NO greasy mess, and no harm to stuffed animal!
Using any heat will melt the glue and cause you more trouble. Freezing it does no good. So try this! It really works!

By (Guest Post)

Put it in the dryer for a couple of minutes. This should soften it up.

By (Guest Post)

This is not tried & true, just an idea on how to remove band-aids from a stuffed animal's fur. Try putting the toy in the freezer & see if the band-aid removes easily. Or use a hair dryer on the band aid, but that might leave sticky

residue. Then you'll have to post for ideas to remove that!

I would recommend laying a warm, damp cloth over the band-aid. Let it set awhile (15-20 minutes should be long enough,) then try gently lifting the band-aid. The moisture should loosen the glue, making it easy to remove, without damaging your stuffed toy.