Homemade "Magic Shell"

Category Frozen
Make your own magic ice cream shell coating at home. This page contains homemade "Magic Shell" recipes.

Just 2 ingredients from your kitchen and in 15 seconds you can make an ice cream shell coating. It's healthier and inexpensive!

Total Time: 15 seconds

• 1 tsp Nutella or other hazelnut spread
  • 1/2 tsp coconut oil
  • your favorite brand of ice cream

1. Just mix the Nutella hazelnut spread into the coconut oil at a 2 to 1 ratio. I use 1 teaspoon hazelnut to 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil for one serving.
  2. Spoon on top of a bowl of ice cream. I like to spread it out thinly all over the top of the ice cream. That's it! It will start freezing up to form a delicious shell coating within a minute or two.
  3. Ad

4. So yummy and the coconut oil makes it a healthier alternative.

Sounds great!!

Nutella is expensive where I live so I just gently heat 200 g (7 oz) of milk chocolate (not baking chocolate) in a glass jar in the microwave until almost melted, add 3 Tablespoons of coconut oil and stir until smooth. Pour some over ice cream and wait a few seconds before eating to allow shell to harden. To store any leftovers just seal the jar with its lid. If the sauce hardens in the jar during cold weather just microwave it for a few seconds before using

I found a good brand of hazletnut right at my local dollar store! Check it out in the photo!

I've been looking for the recipe -- the one using milk chocolate by a reviewer. Thanks!