Homemade Stuffed Shells with Meat Sauce
Great tasty Italian dish! Serve it with a salad and garlic bread!
- Make a homemade tomato sauce or use jar sauce. I have posted my homemade sauce, it is so very easy and very good! Or I can post my sauce separately!
- 1 box stuffing pasta shells
- 1 container (32oz) ricotta cheese
- 2 bags (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 bag shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 container Parmesan & Romano cheese
- 3 large eggs
- seasonings; 1/4 tsp each; salt, pepper, garlic, dried basil, oregano, 1/2 tsp parsley.
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Have your sauce simmering.
- Put on a large pot of boiling water with a dash of salt and a splash of olive oil, bring to a boil, then add gently the whole box of shells, stirring gently for 7 minutes (al Dante). Strain, rinse in warm water.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta cheese, 1/2 of1 bag of mozzarella shredded cheese, 1/2 cup of grated cheese, a handful of shredded Parmesan cheese. Add 2 eggs, seasonings; salt, pepper, basil, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Stir all ingredients together well!
- Using a 9 x 13 inch pan, I ladle out a cup of sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Take one shell at a time and spoon the mixture into the shell, I over fill each one.
- When you have finished filling as many shells that will fit in the pan (I get 25 shells in a pan).
- Ladle sauce over the top of the shells. Then using the remaining mozzarella cheese & the other bag too. Cover the shells evenly and then add a good sprinkle of shredded Parmesan cheese topping.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil! Put in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Take out before 15 minutes and remove the foil. Test for done by putting a butter knife in the middle and make sure it is piping hot. Enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.