Butter on Microfiber

My daughter smeared a stick of butter all over our brand new microfiber couch. I cleaned it with upholstery cleaner and it is still full of greasy butter. What can I do?

Dannette from Spring Lake, MI

Answers:

Butter on Microfiber

You could try cornstarch. Sprinkle it on and let it sit, it will absorb the grease. Vacuum off and repeat. (02/22/2007)

By Marty

Butter on Microfiber

After you have done with corn starch (or you could use dusting powder...) Try spraying on K2R - which is a combination powder/liquid dry cleaning spray.

Editor's Note: Because Microfiber is not a natural fiber, make sure you check on the K2R bottle to make sure it is safe on that kind of fabric. (02/23/2007)