Here is a cute, simple, and inexpensive way of achieving a personalized cake topper. Apply this same concept for any cake: birthday, graduation, bridal shower, baby shower, and so forth.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 cake topper
- glitter or cardstock paper
- wooden dowel (or skewers)
- clear tape
- glitter/glitter glue - optional
- circle dot puncher
- I printed each letter on a patterned glittery cardstock paper. Using a circle dot puncher, punch out each letter. Optional - if you do not have glittery cardstock paper and want to achieve the same look, you can use glitter glue around the circle and allow to dry. Or use loose glitter and glue, then allow to dry before proceeding to the next step.
- I went with a rainbow theme, so I used watercolors and went around the circle half way, followed by another color. Then overlap the same color but lighter.
- Continue this process until you finish your letters and like the outcome.
- Using needle and thread, thread the letters together.
- Using wooden dowels (or skewers) create a knot and use tape to secure into place. Ready to place cake topper into your cake or cupcakes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!