Cake Topper Ideas

Category Miscellaneous
Getting a driver's license, a wedding, birthday or other important milestones or events are occasions when a special cake topper is called for. Several ideas for uniques toppers can be found on this page.

Here is a cute, simple, and inexpensive way of achieving a personalized cake topper. Apply this same concept for any cake: birthday, graduation, bridal shower, baby shower, and so forth.

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 cake topper

• watercolors
  • paintbrush
  • water
  • glitter or cardstock paper
  • needle
  • thread
  • wooden dowel (or skewers)
  • clear tape
  • glitter/glitter glue - optional
  • circle dot puncher

1. I printed each letter on a patterned glittery cardstock paper. Using a circle dot puncher, punch out each letter. Optional - if you do not have glittery cardstock paper and want to achieve the same look, you can use glitter glue around the circle and allow to dry. Or use loose glitter and glue, then allow to dry before proceeding to the next step.
  2. Advertisement

3. I went with a rainbow theme, so I used watercolors and went around the circle half way, followed by another color. Then overlap the same color but lighter.
  4. Continue this process until you finish your letters and like the outcome.
  5. Using needle and thread, thread the letters together.
  6. Using wooden dowels (or skewers) create a knot and use tape to secure into place. Ready to place cake topper into your cake or cupcakes.
  7. Advertisement

I'm looking for either the figurines, or a cake topper of the Jamie Lynn Anderson theme of "Today I Marry My Best Friend" I was told that those items are discontinued. I have got ahold of the guest book, pin and pin holder. I wouldn't mind a large 8x10 photo album with that theme as well. It is the picture of the boy with the rose behind his back and the girl with blonde hair and the white frilly dress. All help is appreciated.

Carol Ann

Answers

have you tried ebay??

By Michele (Guest Post)

Try Jamielynn.com...I did a search on AOL and that is the link that kept coming up.

Hope this helps.

By Rebecca (Guest Post)

Here is websites that have that theme. Jessicaswedding.com, exclusivelyweddings.com.

Hope they help you out

Kim Anderson is along the same lines that may be a good idea as well .
Cheers

J.

This page contains Nightmare Before Christmas baby shower cake. A Tim Burton's animated classic can make a fun cake for a baby shower.

Nightmare Before Christmas Baby Shower Cake

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

Creating your own wedding cake topper is not only fun, it is a way to show your creativity or say something about yourself on this special day. This page offers some ideas about homemade wedding cake toppers.

A homemade wedding cake topper.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

A wonderful idea for a 16 year olds cake topper is to make it a drivers license. This is a page about how to make a driver's license cake topper.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This pretty cake topper is fun, easy, and inexpensive to make. This is a page about ribbon wedding cake topper.

finished topper

Crafts MiscellaneousSeptember 5, 2013
😷
🌻
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cake-Topper-Ideas.html