Can I Use Boraxo Instead of Borax?

I thought I was buying Borax, but when I received it I actually bought Boraxo? Can it be used the same way? If the cleaning recipe calls for Borax, can I use Boraxo? Does anyone have any cleaning recipes for Boraxo?

If anyone has any answers I would love to read them.

Thank You,
Ronda S from Clarksburg, WV

Answers:

Can I Use Boraxo Instead of Borax?

I believe that's just the "brand name" for Borax. Seems I have a box here so I'll go take a look. I'll post again once I look at my box. (06/06/2006)

By Debbie52

Can I Use Boraxo Instead of Borax?

Sorry, I was wrong. The box I have is 20 Mule Team Borax. It is a 4 lb 12 oz box. Says it's a natural laundry booster and multi-purpose household cleaner.

Perhaps you could put Boraxo into a search and see what comes up. It's probably Borax tho.

Hopefully someone else will post a better answer for you.

I do know that what I bought is borax and I found it either at Wal-Mart or a grocery store. (06/06/2006)

By Debbie52

Can I Use Boraxo Instead of Borax?

Boraxo is just Borax mixed with soap flakes. They're both put out by 20 Mule Team, so it's no surprise anyone would accidentally buy the wrong one. Boraxo is mostly just meant as a powdered hand cleanser. But if you want other uses for it, plug "uses for Boraxo" into a search engine. That's what I'm doing just out of curiosity. (02/24/2008)

By Stacey

Can I Use Boraxo Instead of Borax?

If you are trying to make crystals for a science project you can absolutely NOT use boraxo instead of borax. It needs to be the one in the green box for the crystal snowflakes. (01/06/2009)

By