GiftsCrafts

Candy Garland

March and April are the time for school year end activities in my country. Graduation and recognition rites are being done in every school so garland vendors scatter in every venue.

During my elementary days we used to make candy garlands. Kids love candies more than flowers so this is one common gift for parents to give to their kids at every school year end ceremony. Even during my college graduation I still chose to have candies rather than flowers.

1. Get different colors and flavors of wrapped candy. You can place them in alternate arrangement for better presentation.
  2. Place one tip of the candy wrapper over the other.
  3. Sew them together neatly. Be careful not to hit the sealed content or it will get exposed.
  4. Get another candy and do the same until you form a long thread or chain of candies.
  5. When it's long enough sew both ends together to form a necklace.
  6. It's done!

Remembering my childhood days kar...