VegetablesCanning

Canning Horseradish

Category Vegetables

I am needing a home canning recipe for home grown horseradish. I hope someone can help me. We preserve our garden veggies by home canning yet I can't find any directions on canning home grown horseradish.

By Joy G. Hoover

All I do to preserve my home grown horseradish is clean it up, shred it and pack it in pint jars, leaving some top space. Then I pour pure white vinegar over it to cover the horseradish. Be sure you work all the air bubbles out of the jar and the horseradish is covered. Put on the lids and store them in the refrigerator. his has worked for me for years. Perhaps it could be canned in the cold water bath, but I have never done this.