Canning TipsCanning

Canning Tomato Juice

I was canning tomato juice with the water bath canner. I was supposed to process them for 35 minutes. I made a mistake and got the processing time mixed up with pickles and I only processed them for 10 minutes. Can I correct this? All the jars have sealed. So could you please tell me how to correct this?

I would trash them. You can't be too careful with food preparation

Home canned tomatoes are notorious for botulism so, please do not take any chances with this. I think you can safely open your jars immediately and continue cooking them to use today or maybe even store some in refrigerator but no more canning.
I know you went to a lot of trouble but it is much better to be safe than sorry later on. Be sure to lay your instructions out in view so you can keep checking to be sure you are on the right track. Good luck next time.

I'd be worried about food contamination. I don't think you could 'fix' this :(