Cantaloupe Dessert Recipes
Cantaloupe cake, sorbet, and more desserts start with this delicious melon. This page contains cantaloupe dessert recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
This recipe was given to me by my friend, Patsy. I had never heard of it, and wasn't sure I would like it. I was wrong. This pie is awesome!
- 1 prebaked pie crust
- 2 cups pureed cantaloupe
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar, or sugar substitute
- Mix cantaloupe, sugar, egg yolks, and flour in a saucepan, cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and butter/margarine. Stir until butter/margarine is melted. Pour into a prebaked pie crust.
- Serve with whipped topping, or beat the egg whites you have from the eggs you used to get the yolks until stiff, and 1/4 cup sugar or substitute and cover the pie filling, place in oven preheated to 400 degrees for a minute or two, until meringue is browned.
September 11, 20121 found this helpful
I highly recommend Tuscan cantaloupes if they are available to you because they are deliciously more flavorful and sweet than the average cantaloupe. It's also best to use bamboo skewers (soaked in water for about ten minutes) rather than metal skewers because metal skewers tend to overcook the inside of the cantaloupe cubes.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, peeled, seeded, and cut into at least 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1/4 cup butter
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Thread the cantaloupe cubes onto skewers.
- Heat honey and butter in a small saucepan until butter is melted and both are thoroughly mixed.
- Place skewers on the grill and lightly brush top side of the cubes with the honey butter.
- Grill for about 1 minute, turn, lightly brush top side with honey butter again and repeat until all four sides have been grilled.
- Serve over ice cream with remaining sauce.
By Ann from Richland, WA