Cantaloupe Dessert Recipes
Read More Comments
This recipe was given to me by my friend, Patsy. I had never heard of it, and wasn't sure I would like it. I was wrong. This pie is awesome!
- 1 prebaked pie crust
- 2 cups pureed cantaloupe
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar, or sugar substitute
- Mix cantaloupe, sugar, egg yolks, and flour in a saucepan, cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and butter/margarine. Stir until butter/margarine is melted. Pour into a prebaked pie crust.
- Serve with whipped topping, or beat the egg whites you have from the eggs you used to get the yolks until stiff, and 1/4 cup sugar or substitute and cover the pie filling, place in oven preheated to 400 degrees for a minute or two, until meringue is browned.
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
I highly recommend Tuscan cantaloupes if they are available to you because they are deliciously more flavorful and sweet than the average cantaloupe.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.