Cat-Proof Jewelry Display Ideas

My friend needs ideas for a way she can hang something on her wall above her bathroom sink as a place to keep her jewelry, such as necklaces and earrings, etc. Right now she is using an (empty) vertical paper towel holder and tube to hold necklaces and some pins and cork board to hold her earrings.

However, her frisky cat keeps playing and stealing her jewelry (especially her earrings) and she is looking for a cat-proof way to display her jewelry there, but in a way that the cat cannot steal it.

Thanks.

By Crafty_Witch

Best Answer

I saw on pinterest where someone had hung a magnetic board on the wall and attached magnets to their makeup. I think this could be adapted for jewelry. You could take little hooks and put magnets on the back (or maybe find some that already have magnets) and use them to hang necklaces, bracelets, rings and fish hook style earrings. For post earrings you could use little containers with magnets on the back. I love the magnet idea as you can move things around.

Another idea for post earrings my Granny used to use a pretty piece of cloth stretched in an embroidery hoop. She kept the hoop hanging on the wall.