Recycled Picture Frame Jewelry Display
An old picture frame and some hardware cloth can be used to make a unique jewelry display. It is a good way to organize some of your favorite pieces. This is a guide about recycled picture frame jewelry display.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have lots of frames left from wall hangings in the past. Some of them with beautiful art details were very hard to part with. So I thought of making a creative and very functional piece which also becomes art.
Total Time: 2 hours
- chicken wire
- staple gun
- wire cutters
- spray paint - Krylon
- craft paint
- Remove the backing and glass from the frame, put aside for another project.
- Unroll the chicken wire.
- Lay the frame on top close to the edge. Use wire cutters to cut using the frame as a template.
- Turn the frame upside down laying the cut chicken wire so it aligns with the frame. Staple down.
- Now its ready for spray paint. Allow to dry.
- To add a little contrast I took a little white craft paint and lightly brushed it over the chicken wire.
- The wire provides built in storage for my jewelry.
Old picture frames can have a new life when transformed into an attractive jewelry display piece, the big, the better. All you need is some 1/4 hardware cloth, a old picture frame, a hand stapler, and some small "S" hooks from your local hardware store. Cut the hardware cloth to fit the back of the frame and staple it to the frame. Hang the "S" hooks onto the hardware cloth then hang your necklaces on the "S" hooks.