Keeping Bedding Looking Nice

Category Bedroom
There are a few good suggestions on this page for keeping your bedding looking nice. Whether the issue is flat pillows or pillows that won't stay in place as arranged.

I have two pillows on my bed that I don't use at night. They are simply there for decoration. I used two Command picture hanging strips (one for each pillow) to hold those pillows up and keep them always looking perky!

You simply wipe down the head board and make sure your pillow case is clean. Then secure the hanging strip to the pillow case and secure the other side to the headboard or wall. Finally attach the two pieces and voila!

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

How do you keep your comforter set neat and tidy on your bed? My pillows always go flat. My friend removes her pillows with shams and puts them in the closet at night and sleeps on another pillow. When she makes her bed the next day, she takes the pillows with the shams from the closet and puts them back on the bed. This is how she keeps her comforter set looking pretty with puffy pillows on her bed. Do you have any suggestions?

By Onesummer

Answers

Try resting your pillows against your shams instead. Pillow shams are larger than pillow cases most of the time so you can stack them behind your pillows and they can still be seen. Something I do once a month just toss them in the dryer with a rag soaked in vinegar and let it do it's thing for a cycle. When you pull them out they're deodorized as well as fluffy. I don't get why bedding has to be so complicated. Haha.

Any pillow shams that I have had fit the regular bed pillows. The larger ones are referred to as Euroshams, and have to be purchased separately. I don't know anybody that uses them.

All pillows go flat whether sham or case; no sham and no case. Just fluff the pillows daily when you make your bed and as for pillow shams, they're no different than pillow cases other than that they have fancy expanded edges. I actually prefer sleeping with the pillows with the shams because I can snuggle my arm up between the pillow and sham case at the back of the case.

Just use them and wash them once a week just like you would your regular cases. I've had my set just short of a decade now and the shams and comforter still match (shams have not faded from weekly washing) and still look new. I don't see why bedding has to be so complicated either. ;-)

No offense to your friend but it's a lot easier to fluff a pillow or two once a day than to drag them to the closet at night (which must take up storage space that might better be used, and then drag them back out in the morning. And laundry has to be done anyway so what's another sham or two.

Most pillows today are fiber filled or poly filled and all you need to do is when they go flat stick them in the dryer for about l0 to l5 minutes, they will come out fresh and fluffy. Larger pillows longer time you adjust to suit yourself.

I used to buy old pillows and wash them in the washer and dry them in the dryer and restuff the ones that are too flat to suit me. A regular pillowcase with the open end sewed up works for ticking cover on them and you can choose your color too.