Uses for Old Bedding

Category Reusing
Old bedding, in addition to sheets, such as blankets and mattress pads can be put to new uses after they are no longer used as bedding. This is a page about uses for old bedding.

Old wool like blankets make great filler or batting for quilts, especially the scratchy ones.

I have some lovely sheets that complement my bedroom, but had a center tear (fitted sheet). I like to save those for putting over the box spring. With the regular mattress on top, the tear isn't going anywhere, but it makes for a nice stream lined look. No ugly box spring visible. I've done this in my daughter's room as well, all she has to do is pull up the sheet and comforter and her bed looks awesome.

It never occurred to me to post this until it was done. So I don't have any before photos. But you all know what a machine sewn flannel comforter looks like. Once I started to save the batting, I realized how cheaply it was made. Basically, one seam ripper in a few key places and it was RIP!

So, now I have a ton of batting, plus scrap material for pet beds, cleaning rags, rolled up under gardeners' knees, and so much more. Thought this might help some of you if yours gets stained, burned somewhere, or if critters get to it.

N-JOY!

How do you use old bedding? We have a lot of answers for sheets from last years brainstorm but what about blankets, mattress pads and pillows.

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

Our local S.P.C.A. always needs old sheets, towels, blankets, etc for caring for the animals they have.

- Barb/Bluejay

Best Answer

Those old recieving blankets that are to small for you growing baby make great all purpose rags when cut up. I use them to wipe noses, clean up messes, wipe messy faces, dry bottoms after cleaning, and much more. I always have them around and they cost me nothing (they were all gifts!).

By Deanna

This is a page about uses for old sheets. Clean out your linen closet and put those old, worn, or stained sheets to a new use.

Stack of folded old bed sheets

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Better Living Green Living ReusingMay 24, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-23 09:45:56 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️