Champagne Corks as Crochet Hook Savers

Category Crochet
Sticking the end of your crochet hooks into a champagne cork will help keep them from getting lost in the couch cushions, as well as preventing them from rolling under the furniture. Learn how to prepare them here.

To prevent dropped crochet hooks from rolling under furniture, getting lost in seat cushions, or even under the bucket seats in a car, drill a small hole in a champagne cork with your wine bottle opener and stick the end of a crochet hook in it. When it drops it stays in place.

Absolute Genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After crocheting a lot for the last 68 years, it looks to me like the extra weight on the end of the hook would throw off your tension and make your hand very tired. I prefer the method of just inserting the hook into my work when I put it down.

You could also use a binder clip to attach it to the bag in which you keep your work. Or just have a collection of multible hooks in the sizes you use the most (I have about 100 in various sizes) so you can pull out another one and look for the lost one later.

Crafts CrochetFebruary 25, 2020
🌻
🐰
🍀