Chicken Gorgonzola Stuffed Apricot Cups
This easy to prepare sweet and savory combination of canned chicken and apricot halves, blended with Neufchatel and gorgonzola cheeses plus other ingredients, will delight your guests or family. This page contains a recipe for making chicken gorgonzola stuffed apricot cups
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A sweet and savory appetizer featuring chicken, apricot halves and gorgonzola cheese. Perfect for entertaining guests for any type of party; easy to prepare and eat. The use of lighter versions of some ingredients make this a guilt-free party starter.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 30 appetizers
Source: Original Recipe
- 1/3 cup skinned hazelnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh chives, finely minced
- 1 8 oz. package light cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 3 slices turkey bacon, fried crisp, well-drained, finely crumbled (finely diced & cooked)
- 2 Tbsp roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 - 5 5 oz. can white chunk chicken, well-drained, flaked
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- 30 canned apricot halves, (about 2 - 15 oz. cans), well-drained
- 15 pimiento stuffed green olives, halved
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped nuts and chives and set aside. Place cream cheese into a food processor bowl and process until creamy. Mix in gorgonzola cheese, bacon, roasted red peppers, chicken and light brown sugar, processing until well mixed.
- Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls of mixture into apricot halves, dividing mixture equally among them. Dip tops of apricots in nut mixture and top each with an olive half, cut side up.