Chicken Piccata Recipe

Category Poultry
This delicious Italian recipe combines chicken with lemons and capers to create a flavorful main dish. It's generally served with noodles but any starch would work.

I just came across this searching my tried and true recipe box and realized I haven't made it in a couple of years even though it's one of my all time favorites. Needless to say, it's what's for dinner some time this week!

Okay, I know the world standard recipe for Chicken Piccata calls for breasts but I prefer the thighs! I love this with sauteed green beans and a butter lettuce salad dressed simply with oil and vinegar ;-)

Directions:

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Dredge thighs in flour, place in heated oil and lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned (about 2 to 3 minutes on each side). Meanwhile, stir wine, lemon juice, stock and capers together.

Once both sides are browned, pour liquid mixtures over the thighs. Cook about 2 minutes longer for liquid mixture to be heated. Serve with the skillet sauce spooned over the thighs.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

The classic Italian recipe of chicken piccata is simplified by using a pressure cooker. This version serves the savory lemon and caper chicken with rice.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes