Homemade Chicken Parmesan
This delicious combination of chicken with parmesan breading and marinara sauce is based from the classic Italian recipe for Chicken Parmigiana. This page contains a recipe for homemade chicken parmesan
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
February 2, 2016
This is one meal that brings my kids running home for Mom's cooking. Their absolute favorite meal! :) Now it is also my grandkids favorite too. Good old comfort food!
- Italian Sauce
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cut up
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (28 oz), plus 1 can of water
- 1 can tomato paste (12 oz), plus 1 can of water
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- seasonings to taste... Italian seasoning, oregano, minced garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, black pepper, salt, bay leaves, and dried basil 2-3 tablespoons of sugar & parsley and 1/3 cup of red wine. Add a 1/3 of a cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Start by using a
- 2-3 Tbsp parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar
- Chicken Parmesan
- 2 pkg Perdue chicken breast filets, thin sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 3 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 4 tsp (heaping) Wondra or sifted flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt & pepper
- dash of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pkg (12 oz) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- angel hair pasta, it's not too heavy
- Cut green pepper, onions and garlic to place in food processor.
- Mince the onion, garlic & green pepper with a chopper/processor. Add minced onion, garlic & green pepper. Be careful not to brown the pan.
- Use a large pot for sauce. Put the oil in the pan and heat on medium-high.
- Add the tomato paste, stirring. Add a can of water and stir up the tomato paste until smooth. Add both cans of crushed tomatoes and rinse out the two cans and add 1 can of water.
- Stir this very well now! Add all your seasonings. Stirring until everything is mixed in well.
- When the sauce starts boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Stirring frequently.
- Place all the chicken breasts filets on a dinner plate.
- Using two square plastic bowls, one with 4 beaten eggs, the other with the mixture of bread crumbs, flour, grated cheese, and seasonings.
- Dip each filet in the crumbs first, then egg, then crumbs again (this gives it a nice thicker coating).
- Heat a skillet with a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Place it in the hot oil. Lower the heat if it starts to spatter. You want golden brown, no darker. Do this until all the chicken is partly cooked.
- Placing each cooked piece of chicken on a paper towel lined casserole dish. This absorbs the oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, while you cook your pasta. Enjoy!
- When all done, put a ladle of sauce on top of each piece and cover it with shredded Parmesan cheese.
I like this served over lightly lemon juice seasoned egg noodles or rice and sprinkled with a bit more Parmesan.Read More...
Stir 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into pasta sauce. Spray skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until browned.
Drain. Pour pasta sauce over chicken; turn breast pieces over to coat both sides with sauce.Read More...
Easy to do and tasty! Brown chicken patties until crispy in a 400 degree F oven in a 13x9 inch pan- about 20 minutes or so.Read More...
Combine crushed cereal, Parmesan, parsley, garlic, and salt. Dip chicken in butter and roll in crumb mixture. Place pieces of chicken, skin side up, so they do not touch. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.Read More...
This is an easy, measurement free dish that everyone loves! Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pound chicken breasts between plastic wrap with the flat side of a meat tenderizer until smooth.Read More...
This Parmesan chicken bake is simple to make and will certainly be a hit at the dinner table. This page contains a Parmesan chicken bake recipe.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C). Warm the garlic and olive oil to blend the flavors. In a separate dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil and garlic mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Place in a shallow baking dish or pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
By Connie from Oden, Arkansas
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups Prego Tomato & Basil Pasta sauce (or your choice)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. skinless boneless chicken breast halves (4 to 6)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces) or part-skim mozzarella cheese, if desired.
Stir 3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese into pasta sauce. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
By Connie from Mountain Home, AR
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.