Homemade Chicken Parmesan
This is one meal that brings my kids running home for Mom's cooking. Their absolute favorite meal! :) Now it is also my grandkids favorite too. Good old comfort food!
- Italian Sauce
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cut up
- 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cans crushed tomatoes (28 oz), plus 1 can of water
- 1 can tomato paste (12 oz), plus 1 can of water
- 4 large fresh basil leaves, sliced thin
- seasonings to taste... Italian seasoning, oregano, minced garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, black pepper, salt, bay leaves, and dried basil 2-3 tablespoons of sugar & parsley and 1/3 cup of red wine. Add a 1/3 of a cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Start by using a
- 2-3 Tbsp parsley
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp sugar
- Chicken Parmesan
- 2 pkg Perdue chicken breast filets, thin sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 beaten eggs
- 3 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 4 tsp (heaping) Wondra or sifted flour
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt & pepper
- dash of Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pkg (12 oz) finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- angel hair pasta, it's not too heavy
- Cut green pepper, onions and garlic to place in food processor.
- Mince the onion, garlic & green pepper with a chopper/processor. Add minced onion, garlic & green pepper. Be careful not to brown the pan.
- Use a large pot for sauce. Put the oil in the pan and heat on medium-high.
- Add the tomato paste, stirring. Add a can of water and stir up the tomato paste until smooth. Add both cans of crushed tomatoes and rinse out the two cans and add 1 can of water.
- Stir this very well now! Add all your seasonings. Stirring until everything is mixed in well.
- When the sauce starts boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Stirring frequently.
- Place all the chicken breasts filets on a dinner plate.
- Using two square plastic bowls, one with 4 beaten eggs, the other with the mixture of bread crumbs, flour, grated cheese, and seasonings.
- Dip each filet in the crumbs first, then egg, then crumbs again (this gives it a nice thicker coating).
- Heat a skillet with a 1/4 cup of olive oil. Place it in the hot oil. Lower the heat if it starts to spatter. You want golden brown, no darker. Do this until all the chicken is partly cooked.
- Placing each cooked piece of chicken on a paper towel lined casserole dish. This absorbs the oil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, while you cook your pasta. Enjoy!
- When all done, put a ladle of sauce on top of each piece and cover it with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!