Pressure Cooker Chicken Piccata Recipe
The classic Italian recipe of chicken piccata is simplified by using a pressure cooker. This version serves the savory lemon and caper chicken with rice.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This was so delicious and juicy. A pressure cooker will keep your kitchen cooler in the warmer months ahead for us.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Facebook group
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- grated zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In ziplock bag, combine 2 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and add the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken on all sides. Refrigerate in marinade for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and save the marinade. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil and the butter in the pressure cooker. Working in batches, brown the chicken 3 minutes on each side. Put the chicken on a plate after browning.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring until softened.
- Add the reserved marinade and the chicken broth to the pot, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Sprinkle with the capers.
- Close the cooker and lock the lid. Pressure cook for 8 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Open the pressure cooker and stir in the lemon zest. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.