Pressure Cooker Chicken Piccata Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
May 10, 2017
This was so delicious and juicy. A pressure cooker will keep your kitchen cooler in the warmer months ahead for us.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Source: Facebook group
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- grated zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- In ziplock bag, combine 2 Tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and add the chicken pieces. Coat the chicken on all sides. Refrigerate in marinade for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and save the marinade. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- Heat the rest of the olive oil and the butter in the pressure cooker. Working in batches, brown the chicken 3 minutes on each side. Put the chicken on a plate after browning.
- Add the shallots and cook, stirring until softened.
- Add the reserved marinade and the chicken broth to the pot, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Return the chicken to the pot.
- Sprinkle with the capers.
- Close the cooker and lock the lid. Pressure cook for 8 minutes. Do a quick release.
- Open the pressure cooker and stir in the lemon zest. Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve chicken with sauce poured over.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.