Vote for this contest contender!
It's Oktoberfest time! I'm not a beer drinker, but I do make up for it with the foods. This is an easy way to make a scrumptious schnitzel without too much effort. You can use any type of meat you like, but I like chicken breast. Don't forget to serve lemon wedges alongside. They really make this meal pop!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- fresh lemon wedges
- Trim any fat off the chicken breast, then cut in half lengthwise.
- Butterfly each chicken breast half and lay flat.
- Use the back of your knife to pound the chicken breast. You could also use a mallet with a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with some salt and pepper on both sides. Sprinkle both sides with flour.
- Beat the egg in a bowl, then dunk the chicken to cover.
- Roll the chicken pieces around in the breadcrumbs.
- To double-coat for extra crispiness, dunk the chicken back into the remaining egg, then cover with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
- Heat some oil over medium heat. Fry the coated breasts until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Place the schnitzels on a paper towel to drain. Serve with lemon wedges.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!