Cleaning Fingerprint Ink Off Clothing

This is a guide about cleaning fingerprint ink off clothing. Here are some tips to try if you have a fingerprinting ink stain on clothing.

My son had to have his fingerprints taken to enter the police force. He got the ink on his dress white shirt. Any ideas how to get it out?

Thanks,

Fran from Hamden, CT

Answers

By Ashley (Guest Post)
Best Answer

If the shirt is cotton, or at least 80%, you can take an old toothbrush, dip it into bleach (I just pour a little into the lid) and brush the stain out. Wash immediately! If you leave it, it will eat a hole in the fabric but if you wash right away this is as good as those "bleach pens". They just add a thickener and the dispenser works as a brush. Good luck to your son!

Anonymous

I always heard that if you sprayed the ink with hair spray before washing, that that would remove ink. I haven't tried it myself, but it is in every article and book that I have ever read on stain removal.