Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Daily cleaning of hardwood floors can be a challenge, especially if you have pets. The best tool I have found for daily maintenance of my hardwood floors is a good vacuum cleaner. Mine has a low setting made for flat floors and it works well for pet hair, dust and paw prints. Make sure you let muddy paw prints dry before trying to vacuum.

Answers:

Request: Cleaning Hardwood Floors

What is the best way to clean hardwood floors? I have found that with cleaners like the Swiffer wetjet or Murphys oil soap and others leave a film and streaks whether I dry it with a cloth or let it dry naturally. I also tried to dilute the cleaners thinking I've used too much. Most of my main floor is hardwood and I miss the shine!

Loni

Answers:

Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Some of us just cannot get on our hands and knees any longer! I drop a terry cloth towel (now a cleaning cloth) onto the floor and step on it to rub the floor dry. No more sore body, just clean floors. (10/31/2006)

By hsorbits

Cleaning Hardwood Floors

Mr. Clean

I have polyurethane floors. My cleaning lady uses Mr. Clean to clean my floors. My floors never have a film or dull finish. They sparkle and shine. Read the back of the carton. You mix 1/4 cup of Mr. Clean with 1 gallon of water. I vacuum first with an Oreck vacuum cleaner. Then I use a soft mop and Mr. Clean. It turns out nice every time! (11/10/2006)

By michelle