Cleaning Hardwood Floors With Murphy's Oil Soap

Category Floors
Using Murphy's oil soap on hardwood floors can have mixed results. This is a guide about cleaning hardwood floors with Murphy's oil soap.

To clean my hardwood floors, can I use Murphy's Oil Soap straight (without adding water)? I love the smell and cleaning with it.

By Steph

Answers

Best Answer

I wouldn't recommend it either if you think you might ever want to refinish the floors. They will absorb oil and not absorb the stain you put on.

Eventually it will leave a scum on your floors. I don't think it is recommended for floors.

I've used this before. I love the smell, it looks very clean. I get on my hands and knees and clean in sections. I just don't know how to get my floor to shine. My floor has never shined. I was told that some wood floors just don't shine it's the kind of wood it is.