Cleaning Mold Stains from Clothing

Stubborn stains to remove are from mold and mildew. This guide is about cleaning mold stains from clothing.

I can't get these mold spores out of my clothing. They were left wet. What can I use?

Chloe

Answers

Try soaking your clothes in "Simple Green" or "Odor Ban" and then washing them with regular detergent. You can get either of those products at Sam's Club/WalMart/Home Depot. If any of them are white, soak them in a bit of bleach and the mold will disappear.

I actually washed very moldy colored linens with a half a cup of LYSOL which made them stink of lysol! Then I dried them with fabric sheets (a ton of them) to remove the horrible smell. It worked and nothing was ruinedl I never thought it would work. I also added oxyclean to the wash as well as a little washing machine detergent and "now" detergent which is mail order only but a savior at times.

I had to do ten loads- All of my sheets and linens in the house. It worked. And I got rid of the lysol smell. the sheets alone did not work unless I had used lysol first. It was a daring move but it worked. Good luck to you. now a lot of ironing to be donel

I have a raincoat with mold on it. What can I use to remove this?

By Paulette from Charlottetown, PE

Answers

Gosh Thank you Thriftyfun. I washed pillows after our camping trip and didn't realize they were still damp inside when I stored them. We are preparing to visit our cabin again ( 5 months later ) and have mold all over each of our new pillows. I hate to throw them away, they are so soft! After reading your feedback I found three ideas that I'm sure will work. I have the white vinegar, lysol and bleach in my home and can't wait to get started with the project. This site is the best. I'll surely recommend it to my friends. Sincerely; Luci Webb

Is there any way to remove mildew stains from clothing?

By JoAnn W

Some clothing (cotton, polyester) were left outside in a bag. When I opened the bag the clothing was damp and spots of mold had formed all over them. Do you have a rememdy for getting the mold stains out.

Diana, London, Ontario

Answers:

Mold on Clothing

You can wash your moldy clothes in the washing machine and put white vinegar and baking in instead of soap. It works pretty good. (09/02/2005)

By acraftycat