Removing Mold From Clothing

I have a raincoat with mold on it. What can I use to remove this?

By Paulette from Charlottetown, PE

Gosh Thank you Thriftyfun. I washed pillows after our camping trip and didn't realize they were still damp inside when I stored them. We are preparing to visit our cabin again ( 5 months later ) and have mold all over each of our new pillows. I hate to throw them away, they are so soft! After reading your feedback I found three ideas that I'm sure will work. I have the white vinegar, lysol and bleach in my home and can't wait to get started with the project. This site is the best. I'll surely recommend it to my friends. Sincerely; Luci Webb

I have mold in my clothes and wonder if boiling them in water will remove the mold. I have tried many things and nothing has worked so far.

By susan from east hampton, ny

Answers:

Removing Mold From Clothing

Try soaking them in the washing machine overnight in some detergent and bleach if they are light colored. Then just finish washing them. You may have to do this several times to get the mold out. (08/24/2010)

By laramay

Removing Mold From Clothing

Borax detergent is a natural mold killer which does not emit toxic fumes. Run the cycle with hot water and check to be sure the mold is gone before placing in the dryer. You may need to run the clothes through another cycle or two. (08/27/2010)

By Deeli

I am looking to get mold spots out of a pair of aqua colored cotton pants, brand new, I don't want to ruin them (though it may already be done).

aansg

Answers:

Removing Mold From Clothing

I had an outfit for my baby which had mold on it, I used Oxiclean, and soaked it in it for about 2 days. Over night didn't seem to do it. It came out perfectly. Make sure to test spot your pants before doing this though. (08/01/2005)

By Julie