Cleaning Nail Polish Off a Wall

Category Walls
Nail polish can spill or spatter and get onto surfaces unexpectedly, such as walls. Care needs to be used when trying to remove it so as not to damage the paint. This page contains suggestions for cleaning nail polish off a wall.

The other day my three year old daughter colored the wall with nail polish. Does any one know how I can remove the stain from the wall? I desperately need a solution other than re-painting the walls.

By shokrea from Saudi Arabia

Answers

Anonymous
Best Answer

How to get nail polish off of a wall, you could follow the directions I have listed below.

Steps to Remove the Nail Polish:

1.Begin by moistening the rough, scrubby side of the sponge with rubbing alcohol.

2.Scrub the nail polish. Be careful not to scrub the paint around it too much.

3.Apply more rubbing alcohol as needed.
Continue scrubbing until all of the nail polish is removed.

4.When the area is free of nail polish, it can be washed to remove any residue.

5.Fill a bucket with warm water and add a small amount of soap.

6.Moisten a soft cloth with the soapy water.
Wipe down the area.

7.Rinse with clean water.

Allow the area to dry completely.

Anonymous

I am a 12 year old girl and I was painting my toe nails hot paint and a little bit must of got on my hand, anyway I put my hand on a white painted wall and when I removed it I realised I had left a pink handprint. I looked at this website that said use rubbing alcohol but I didn't know if I had any so I used the rough edge of a sponge and some hand pump soap and scrubbed the wall for about five minutes. I then wiped the wall with a towel and now I can't notice it and none of the paint came off.

Anonymous

You make no since because you put "then wiped the wall with a towel and now I can't notice in and none of the paint came off." If none of the paint came off then how come you can't notice the nail polish any more?

Anonymous

Im sure she ment the wall paint lol

Home and Garden Cleaning WallsAugust 7, 2019
🐛
😎
📓
🌻