Cleaning Patent Leather Shoes

Category Leather
A fine grained leather that has an attractive glossy finish. This page is about cleaning patent leather shoes.

My daughter has a pair of cheerleading shoes that are plastic white patent leather. She has a competition and the patent is yellowing. Please tell me how I can quickly whiten them.

Pamela

Answers

Try those magic erasers. They clean just about anything.

My Jordan shoes turned yellow after cleaning the patent leather with Clorox. My question is whether it's possible to remove the yellow on the patent leather of my shoes?

By krystal from Dallas, TX

Answers

Leave the shoes out in the sun for a few hours. The sun provides a natural bleaching effect.

Another tip is after you clean your shoes, wrap in paper towels as they dry. The excess cleaners are absorbed by the paper which reduce the discoloration.

I bought 8 pairs of patent leather shoes. There's glue around the tip of the shoe from when they were made; how can I get rid of it? I have already tried Zippo lighter fluid, vinegar, and eucalyptus oil. Nothing works. Thanks.

Damien from Milwaukee, WI

Answers

I don't know if this will work, but when I was a kid, patent leather was polished with a little vaseline and buffed. I'm thinking if you put some vaseline near the glue, and then put a shoe [for testing] in the freezer for an hour in a grocery plastic bag of course. Then take it out and using a soft rag [like old t-shirt piece] see if the glue hasn't raised a bit where you could shove the vaseline under the glue and softly work glue loose using vaseline.

Not sure if glue will raise up, but things freeze differently and I thought it might and you'd want something harmless and non scratchy to ease it off. There are things which take off glue, but I think they would take off patent finish as well, though nowadays patent finish is probably plastic, and baked on from the beginning. How noticeable and large is the glue?

I just bought a pair of Dansko Marcelle patent shoes. The very first time I wore them I fell on a slippery floor and scuffed the patent off the toes. I called the shoe store where I bought them and they called Dansko. The company didn't know what to do. I love these shoes, but now they have a grey spot on each toe. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

By Kelli from IA

Answers

Love, love, love my Danskos. Picked up a pair today and expressed my concern over scuffing the patent. The man at the store said Windex will bring back the shine. I haven't had to try it yet but will keep it in mind.

How do I clean my white patent leather shoes?

By Calvin

I have a pair of white patent leather Pradas. Somehow there is a black stain underneath the leather. How can I get it out?

By Shay

How do you clean nailpolish off of patent leather? I have heard to use nail polish remover, but won't that ruin the leather? and acetone or non acetone?

By Adriana from CA

This is a page about removing scuffs on patent leather. Scuffs are very noticeable on bright and shiny patent leather shoes, purses, and other items.

Patent Leather Shoes

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

How do I clean black patent leather children's shoes?

jg

Answers:

Clean Patent Leather Shoes

Next time you make biscuits, save a little dough for you patent leather shoes. Rub patent leather shoes with raw biscuit dough and then wipe off the shoes with a cotton cloth.

Then rub a dab of petroleum jelly into the shoes for a glistening shine.
(06/23/2005)

By Stan

Clean Patent Leather Shoes

Milk will clean the shoes. (06/24/2005)

By cindy

Clean Patent Leather Shoes

Rubbing vaseline on the shoes causes them to have a nice shine. (06/25/2005)

By Sara

Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherFebruary 24, 2013
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-Patent-Leather-Shoes.html