Cleaning Silver With Products at Home

I am searching for a homemade recipe for cleaning silver that uses tin foil, baking soda and boiling water. Any help would be most appreciated!

Karen from Fargo, ND

Answers:

Cleaning Silver With Products at Home

I can tell you that the baking soda, salt and boiling water thing does work. However, in my case, there was a bit of odor while the silver was soaking. Please make sure you have a room that is well ventilated. It wasn't over-powering but I don't know how healthy it was. I just noticed it a bit. It went away as soon as I discarded the soaking bath.

(10/30/2008)

By Guest

Cleaning Silver With Products at Home

I have one of those electrolytic cleaners sold on television some years ago.The instructions call for WASHING Soda not baking soda. You can achieve the same results with some aluminum foil, VERY hot water and Arm and Hammer Washing Soda. You can find the washing soda in the laundry product section in your grocery store. (10/30/2008)

By Nancy