MetalCleaning

Cleaning a Copper Tea Kettle

Is there any way to clean my late mother's copper tea kettle? She had put it in her basement and it was dull and green tarnished. I read to soak it in vinegar which I tried, but it is still green and had a dull finish. I also tried Tarnex, but it did not work either. Is there any hope of should I throw it out? Thanks to anyone who can help me save it.

Try cleaning with buttermilk.

Cheap ketchup works. I accidentally spilled a bottle on a copper bottom pan in the sink and didn't find it until the next morning. I was shocked it cleaned what it touched. I purposely put ketchup on the entire piece it it looked new. Leave the pot sit in the sink on an old towel to be safe.

Use hot sauce on your copper, any brand will work. The copper will look brand new.

I have used ketchup and hot sauce (generic) to clean copper but it usually takes a lot of scrubbing.

You can use a toothbrush to scrub/clean around the creases.