Making Colorful Garden Pebble Paperweights
Garden stones with pleasing shapes can be painted with seasonal motifs to make pretty, useful paperweights. This is a guide about making colorful garden pebble paperweights
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Making inexpensive, yet handy gifts for Valentine's Day cannot be easier than with this craft. Turn an ordinary garden pebble into an extraordinary paperweight and be ready to wow your Valentine! The beauty of this craft is that there is no right or wrong. You don't even need to be arty to make this colorful gift.
Total Time: 30 minutes, excluding drying time
Yield: one paperweight
- smooth white garden pebble
- 1 0.6 inch wide red polymer clay rose
- small piece of white felt
- colored felt-tips pens
- Pilot silver marker pen
- Plaid Royal Coat Dimensional Magic
- clear-drying wood glue (such as Qualigrip)
- standard scissors
- Wash the pebble and dry thoroughly before starting to decorate it.
- Use the pencil to draw free-hand rectangles on the top and sides of the pebble.
- With the pencil, lightly draw some designs in some of the rectangles, such as hearts, spots, or flowers.
- Use the colored felt-tip pens to color the rectangles. Do not use the same colors in two adjacent rectangles. Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Use the silver pen to draw free-hand borders around the rectangles.
- Add detail to the designs with the silver pen and allow to dry.
- Paint a thin layer of Dimensional Magic over the decorated part of the pebble and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Glue the polymer clay rose to one of the rectangles.
- Cut a piece of felt, glue it to the bottom of the pebble and voila!
February 15, 20150 found this helpful
I could use words such as 'nice', 'clever', 'creative', 'pretty', 'thoughtful', etc., to describe this paperweight. I'm going to go with a more feminine adjective. Sweet. That is really sweet! I'm sure the recipients will cherish these. Thumbs up.
(Great pics and instructions too)
February 7, 20150 found this helpful
This looks easy enough to try... :-)
February 8, 20150 found this helpful
Such a great idea! Thanks.
Read More Comments
February 14, 20150 found this helpful
Is that mod podge? Awesome idea.
In These Guides