Colors of Fall Mini Canvas
Popsicle sticks and fall embellishments come together to create this colors of fall mini canvas. Display it in a small easel and you have a lovely handmade decoration for the season.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is an easy, inexpensive way to add fall décor to your home! Turn ice cream sticks into a mini wooden canvas. Add fall colored embellishments, display it on a mini wooden easel and voila! This craft can also be used to make small DIY Christmas gifts for colleagues or neighbors.
Total Time: 30 minutes, drying time included
Yield: one mini canvas
- 4.7 x 5.4 in thick cardstock
- nine 5.5" long, 0.6" wide wooden ice cream sticks
- three cream colored skeleton leaves, each about 2.4" long
- five 1.4" long fall colored paper leaves
- paper button made from brown cardstocks
- bronze colored antique resin scissor embellishment, 3" long
- two 0.4" high wooden laser cut out owls
- three roses cut from leftover gold embroidered net lace fabric
- 10 in of clear machine beaded garland
- 10 in of cream colored satin ribbon, 0.1" wide and with a golden metallic edge
- Kaisercraft bronze ink glimmer mist
- Hard as Nails water-based varnish
- quick-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- standard scissors
- small plastic bowl
- Use Bostik Clear and glue seven ice cream sticks to the cardstock to cover the cardstock.
- Glue the remaining two ice cream sticks to the top and bottom of the stick-covered cardstock.
- Spray some of the ink mist into the plastic bowl and use a paintbrush to apply ink mist to the ice cream sticks. Allow to dry thoroughly. Paint a layer of varnish over the ice cream sticks and allow to dry thoroughly again.
- Arrange the skeleton leaves, paper button, roses, fall leaves, scissor, wooden owls, and beaded garland on the canvas and secure everything with hot glue.
- Make a bow with the ribbon, neatly cut the ends shorter and secure to the canvas with hot glue. Display on a mini wooden easel.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.