If you have a gardener on your Christmas list and can't decide what to get them, you might consider this. I placed silk flowers in the finished product for you to get the idea. This is also good for the cemetery. No matter where you use it, the planter will be a welcome addition.
- 1 vase*
- 1 cylinder vase*
- 1 bag of Quikrete
- 1 block of wood or something to use as a weight
*Make sure these are vases that you do not want as they will be broken by the end of the project.
- Mix the Quikrete as directed, pour into vase, but not to the top.
- Insert the cylinder vase. Finish filling to the top of the large vase with the Quikrete. Place a wood block or some weight on the top to keep the cylinder vase from lifting out
- Wait about four or five days for the Quikrete to dry. (You will see the change in color.)
- When the vase is dry. Take outside, place on newspaper and crack the glass vase off the Quickrete. You will now have a great flower vase for any garden.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!