Pest ControlGardening

Controlling Aphids on My Flowering Plums

Category Pest Control

I have flowering plums lining my driveway, and usually when I spray Ivory liquid in my sprayer, it controls the aphids, but not so this year. Is there a root treatment I can use?

By Nancy

It sounds to me that the aphids may be being bred by ants. Check to see if you have ants in the garden. Ants raise aphids for their nectar. I found if I get rid of the ants I can control the aphids. So I have been spreading corn meal on the dry ground, and a soap spray on the plants. You have to reapply the corn meal after it rains and after watering. I seem to have the aphids under control now, but it is a continuing battle until I find the ant hill(s).