Controlling Root Knot Nematodes

Any vegetable plant I tried to grow will grow very healthy then there are no fruits. When I extract the plant from the root, the root is like a huge bundle of swollen knots. I tried live good nematodes to eliminate, with no good results. Now I am trying zinnias. I am losing every year. I could do with help and advice. Thanks.

You have a difficult problem. You did not state your location so it is difficult to provide a specific area recommendation. However, this site will provide basic nematode information and how to address the problem in California. I doubt there is much difference in other areas considering the nematode difficulties generally. The site below is the University of California @ Davis website on nematodes. It offers a natural history of the problem and the difficulties in managing nematodes. The possible plans to correct the problem are clearly difficult, costly and may not be worth the effort.
Good Luck!

Addendum-forgot to include the site!

www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/.../pn7489.html

Too much nitrogen??

All you need to do is throw white cane sugar all over your yard and garden twice a year it doesnt eliminate them but it keeps them under control, you can even put a teaspoon of sugar in a gallon of water and water a way. You need to be very careful not to give any plants away because they are in your soil now and you can never get rid of them completely and you do not want to pass them along to your friends.