Converting Slides to a Digital Format

Category Preservation
Converting your old slides to a digital format can be done yourself or by finding a slide conversion service near you. This is a guide about converting slides to a digital format.

I found some old photo slides from my dad. How do I manage to get them into a digital format (to at least view and select for archiving)? Hopefully there are some inexpensive solutions. There are dozens of boxes and a carousel or two. Do I need to to take them to a place to process or develop first? Any suggestions?

By Laura Knight from Northern CA

Answers

Just started looking at this my self, photos are easy just a run of the mill scanner will do the job, but in the case of slides you need more upmarket variety, haven't done a lot of research yet but hoping that getting the slides developed isn't the only option, will take me the rest of my natural life to be able to afford to do them all. LOL

Will be looking forward to many responses to help us both. Good luck with it. Kerry

WalMart will put them on a CD for you for under $3. Each disc holds about 40 photos, the technician told me.