Cookbook Software or Template

I am looking for a program, hopefully free, to make my own cookbook. I would like to be able to add photos. I will do my own printing and putting together. I must to be able to put my recipes in different categories and spell check. Does anyone know of one with these features?

By Sharon from Delaware, AR

Answers:

Cookbook Software or Template

If you have Microsoft Word you can go to the Microsoft Office website and download a template for recipes. Figure out you own structure for the index and use Word to right the whole thing and print it out. You can probably also submit it to a printing place in Word format and they would be able to knock it out with minimal editing/formatting. (01/26/2010)

By Suntydt

Cookbook Software or Template

I googled "free homemade recipebook" and found a few options. Have a look at this link, there are some very pretty recipe cards here. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/acHowto?lc=enandcc=usandextcat=invitationsstationeryandprojid=c00681569anddlc=en (01/27/2010)

By debera

Cookbook Software or Template

I use The Best of Master Cook for my recipes. Everything you asked for is there, plus thousands of good recipes (more recipes are always a plus for me). I have gone through my collection of recipe books and created new recipe books of my favorites. I have set up books for Appetizers, Bread, Cookies, Crockpot, etc. You can get the nutrition for each recipe, multiply or divide a recipe by servings, generate a shopping list and do a search for a specific ingredient (like pumpkin) or specific recipe (like taco). I have enjoyed this program for several years and purchased it for each of my 5 daughters so they can save their own recipes. You can check it out on Amazon.com and, if you like it, you can purchase it from them too.

I almost forgot, I created a Heritage Cookbook one year for each of my daughters with their grandparents favorite recipes. This book is used often by my daughters. It's like a part of their grandparents are at the table when they create one of their favorite recipes. I want to encourage you to create a Heritage Cookbook for each of your children. It is a gift they will cherish for years to come.

I hope this helps you out. Bobbie (02/01/2010)

By BMA1

Cookbook Software or Template

The cookbookpeople.com web site offers the Matilda software. It is excellent and very inexpensive. I think I paid under $30, but the good thing is they offer free technical help by email. I've tried this over the past year and each and every time get a quick response (within the day, usually) answers to my technical questions. You can put photos from the web or your own photos, spell check, etc. They will also allow a table of contents with recipes grouped by category. Sounds like everything you want. (03/05/2010)

By DonnaCross