How ToClothing

Corset-Back T-shirt

This is a simple way to turn any tee into a chic corset tie-up shirt. All you need is a shirt, scissors, and some sturdy ribbon.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1 shirt

1. Determine how high, low, and wide on your back you'd like the corset to be. I chose the top to be open starting between my shoulder blades, going down about 18 inches. Poke a hole at the bottom center of that measurement.
  2. Cut in a straight line up the spine, about 18 inches.
  3. I chose the lower opening to be 10 inches wide, so cut 5 inches open horizontally on each side of the spine cut.
  4. Fold the flaps of the triangle out.
  5. Now cut those triangle flaps off.
  6. Use the scissors to poke holes into the shirt on either side of the triangle opening. I went with 7 holes down each side, equally spaced.
  7. Take a long piece of ribbon (I used about a yard and a half so I'd have a big bow) and fold it in half to find the midpoint. Begin threading the shirt holes, like a shoelace on a shoe, from the bottom, working your way upwards. Use the tip of the scissors to help push the ribbon through the holes.
  8. Tie a bow at the top. Enjoy your corset-back tee!

Oh to be young again!!!

You can do whatever you want! I highly suggest it! ;)