Crafts Using Resin

Resin can be used to make a variety of craft projects. This is a guide about crafts using resin.

How do I make plastic trivets with liquid plastic? I would like to embed pictures of the family. Thanks for the help.

Collette from Canada

Answers

Do u mean Envirotech liquid acrylic? The package should tell you how best to do it.
Mary Lou from Canada

By Marcia (Guest Post)

I think you mean resin? That is liquid and you use a catalyst also to set it up. Years ago, my dad and I made things using coffee can lids and pouring the liquid resin into these and letting it set. When you do this, do it outside in good ventilation as the smell is awful as I recall.

This is what I would like to do again, it brings back great memories! Years ago there were grapes made with resin that were used as decorations. That was back in the seventies. The resin can be found in craft stores. It is quite expensive.
hugs,
Marcia

Can anyone please tell me where I can find resin molds to make a necklace with a heart to put a photo in? I also would like to put a photo on concrete about a 5x7 for a memorial marker. I sure would like any information on how to do it, etc.

Answers

I make plaster magnets and pin front by using candy molds. You may want to just get a small simple one and try it with resin.

I want to know about crafts such as paper weights and such.

By Mary

I am trying to make a serving tray with 3 dimensional items placed on the bottom. I want to fully cover them with resin and have it harden so I can use it as a serving surface. I have looked at the big craft stores and can't seem to find a large enough bottle or the right kind. I have heard of a specific kind: Diamond Resin is really good, but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

By My Personal Accent Blog

I was wondering if anyone had ideas that would work with resins for Christmas projects?

By Liz S.