Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I am looking for a recipe for a pumpkin roll with a cream cheese filling. I bought one at a bake sale and my family loved it. Thank you in advance
Debi from Upstate New York
My sister in law makes this every holiday and it is in great demand. Its so good.
Serves 8 to 10
3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus some for dusting
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup canned pumpkin purée
1 tsp. lemon juice
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 Tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup sifted confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 10 x 15 jelly-roll pan, line bottom with parchment or waxed paper, then grease and dust with flour.
2. In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In large bowl, beat eggs and sugar with electric mixer on high speed until thick, fluffy and light yellow, about 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Stir together pumpkin and lemon juice; gently stir into egg mixture. Sprinkle flour mixture over pumpkin mixture; stir gently until just combined. Spread batter evenly in pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes.
4. Sift a bit of confectioners sugar evenly onto a clean kitchen towel. Invert cake onto towel and gently roll up, starting with the longer side of the cake. Cool completely.
5. While cake cools, prepare filling: Beat together softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy; stir in 3/4 cup powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth.
6. Carefully unroll cake; spread filling evenly over cake. Gently roll up, ending with seam side down. Cover with plastic wrap; chill at least 1 hour. Slice before serving. Keep leftover slices refrigerated.
ThriftyFun is one of the longest running frugal living communities on the Internet. These are archives of older discussions.
Here you go! I love this site~
You can also check out the nestles site: verybestbaking.com there is one on there also. (04/11/2006)
Here ya go:
Beat eggs; gradually add sugar. Fold in pumpkin and lemon juice. Fold in flour, baking powder, and spice. Pour in well greased jelly roll pan and sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 375 for 15 min.
Loosen cake from pan and turn onto a thin towel, which has been sprinkled with powdered (confectioners) sugar. Roll up and cool.
Cream together filling ingredients. Unroll cake, spread on filling, re-roll and wrap in foil and refrigerate. Makes 1 roll. (04/11/2006)
Go to the www.foodnetwork.com and find Paula Deens show and then put in the name of cream cheese pumpkin roll recipe. Hers is wonderful. Hope you can find it. Connie (04/14/2006)