Creamy Sausage Spaghetti Bolognese
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
Take your Bolognese up a level by adding Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, and cream to the pot. Just a few tweaks to your usual meat sauce recipe can make something truly extraordinary!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 24 ounces crushed tomato
- 16 ounces beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pasta for serving
- Heat some oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes, then add garlic.
- Add the beef and the sausage. Break up into bits. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
- When meat has browned, add tomato paste and Italian seasoning. Stir and cook until fragrant, about a minute or two.
- Stir in crushed tomato, beef broth, and add the bay leaves. Raise heat to high until it's boiling, then bring to a low simmer. Cover and cook for at least 30 minutes. The longer it simmers, the more the flavours will develop.
- Stir in Parmesan and heavy cream. Add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve immediately on a bed of pasta.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.