Organizing

Creatively Store Kitchen Hand Towels

Every season and holiday, I change out my kitchen hand towels and pot holders. I have a flowery set for Spring, a beach theme for Summer, leaves for Fall, and a snowflakes for Winter. Holiday motifs include; hearts, bunnies, fireworks, pumpkins, and so many more.

I accumulated so many items that I ran out of drawer space. Several years ago, I decided to try putting all of my hand towels in small bins. First, I fold each towel in half, lengthwise. Then I simply roll it from one end to the other. I take the rolled up towels and set them upright in a bin and basket. They look nicer stored this way and save me from having to stuff them in a drawer. Instead, I have my two containers on my 3-tier kitchen cart. You could also roll them to put in a kitchen drawer too, if you lack counter space. You can squeeze more in when they are rolled up.

Cute. Efficient.

Thanks! I like storing them this way far better than shoving them in a drawer. They are far more accessible and pleasing to the eye!

This is a neat idea - saves space and easy to store.

YES! And now I am getting rid of my kitchen cabinet, so I am moving my two baskets to the top of the fridge. I have one up there now and IT even looks good! I also fold my washcloths like this, but lay them down in the basket.

I store my bath towels in a wicker laundry basket on the floor in my bathroom. I fold the towels and such a way that they will all stand up in the basket and the wash clothes are folded in the same manner and placed on top of the bath towels.