Crispy Fried Shrimp with Garlic
This fried shrimp is topped with garlic. It goes perfectly with rice and side of soup. The recipe for Sweet & Sour Catfish Soup, which is one of my favorites would go nicely with this recipe. The link to it is listed below.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 people
- 2 lb large shrimp
- 1 Whole garlic
- 5 Tbsp tapioca starch (Bot Nang)
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Wash and clean shrimp. Pat shrimp dry with napkin and place all the shrimps in a bowl.
- Now sprinkle the tapioca starch all over the shrimp. Shake the bowl around so that each shrimp lightly coated.
- Finely mince garlic. Add dash of tapioca starch.
- In a large pan, add vegetable oil on high heat. When the oil is hot, add the shrimp, salt and fry 5 minutes per side. Add mince garlic and fry until golden brown.
- Ready to serve and top with dash of pepper and green onions (if you like).
Sweet and Sour Catfish Soup
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!