Crocheted Hat With Bleach Bottle Panels

My mom had a hat that was crocheted panels and crown from bleach bottles. It folded and she carried it everywhere. Does anyone have the pattern? Thanks.

By Gma Bette

I made mine over 42 years ago & I still wear it. I've made several over the years for interested family members & yesterday a lady wanted a pattern, so I'm in the process of preparing the instructions. The chlorox bottles that you get the pastic pieces from today are not as heavy & don't hold up as well. I've found heavy white 6" plastic drape strips work well. I will be happy to share the instructions, once I complete them. You use a single crochet stitch and then assemble the pieces by whipping the top & bottom pieces together. The only other thing you need is the instructions for the crown and the tie down pom poms.

These are beer can hats, but you can substitute bleach bottle panels. www.rrrhi5.com/.../CanHat.pdf

Crafts Crochet HatsOctober 20, 2012
🎉
🎄