Crossover Purse Strap
I don't like the narrow crossover straps that come with purses. With a belt and a few minutes, you can make a very nice, comfortable alternative.
Total Time: Less than half an hour
- purse strap hardware or remove the hardware from an old backpack
- a way to sew: machine or by hand, if the belt is woven or has cutouts as in the two examples.
- Remove hardware ie: buckle from belt.
- Trim belt if necessary to the desired length.
- Insert belt into hardware.
- Sew several times back and forth. You want the sewing to be strong enough not to break when it is on your shoulder. As you can see, I use a hand crank sewing machine. It sews through everything I have thrown at it! This craft can be hand sewn if you have a woven or cutout belt.
- Attach to your purse and be ready for plenty of compliments!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!